Wow, it seems like it was just yesterday that I did a post on my blog on Jason's 4 year mark. I can't believe how fast time flies, and how things change. But I feel like I need to express my thoughts and feelings today, maybe this is my way of dealing with my loss....
It has been 5 years since my older brother Jason passed away. I can't believe that it has been 5 years. I was pregnant with McKinlee when Jas died, now she is 4 years old, and I have my little Hunter. I NEVER thought at that time that I would ever get over the sorrow that I felt. But I am so greatful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and for the testimony that I have. I absolutely know without a doubt that I will see Jas again, and that brings me SO much peace. I know that our Heavnely Father has a plan for us. We may not understand why things happen to us, or at times understand what the plan is, but He does have a plan, and the plan will bring us happiness. I never thought that I would be where I am today after Jas died. My testimony has grown so much, and I am such a stronger person. I realize how short life is, and that we can't sweat the small stuff. Life can be gone so quickly. Its not worth the little fights, or arguments, or even the bad days. Look on the bright side of things, and be happy. So many times, we look for the bad in situations or in people, and it's not worth it. Life is so much happier, if we look for happiness.
I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for His Atonement. I know that He lived and died for me, and that He was resurrected so that we can live together again. I know that He loves me, and is always there for me. Whenever I feel alone, I just need to remember that my Savior is always there for me.
I love my family! My parents are so strong, and I am so thankful for their strength and example, and the love they have for our family. I couldn't ask for better brothers and sister-in-laws, and I love you all! I have the best husband in the world! I love Jordan so much, he is my strength, and sure puts up with a lot from me! He is so loving, thoughtful, patient and caring. I love the dad that he is, and the way he loves McKinlee and Hunter. And I LOVE MY KIDS! What cute little munchkins! They are my joy, and I love them so much!
Thanks for letting me vent my feelings today! I love and miss you Jas! I'll see you again someday!



7 comments:
Wow, you're amazing Keri! Thank you for the wonderful words and for being such a good example ( a pretty cool sis also I guess)
Keri, Thanks for sharing this, I knew you had a brother pass, but nothing else and it helps put things into perspective for all of us.
:)
Brandy
Keri-
I can't believe it's been that long....just yesterday we were hiking up Arches pregnant and not knowing what the next few days would do to you and your family.
Thank you for being such a solid example and for sharing your testimony. I needed to read this tonight; to not worry about the small things (here and now) but to focus on what is really important. You're such an amazing person, and I miss being close friends....I cherish those Rexburg/Provo days with you and Jordan. We really do need to get together again soon.
I always think about you on the 6th of July.....
Keri-
Your such a strong person and I really enjoyed reading this! I am glad to have you as a sister and the great example you are to me. I just wish we lived closer.
Brandi
Wow, thanks Keri. I knew you would have a post like this on your blog right now and I really needed it today. Thank you for being so strong and being someone I can look up to.
that was such an awesome testimony!! it is weird to think back on the loss of a family member and think how fast time is flying.. but your love still strongly remains for them as if they were still here:) I will always come back to this post if ever i need a "coming to" haha.. really it was so awesome. something that everyone needs to hear daily to be remembered not to take those little things for granted and to be happy to be alive! see you at bunko tonight:)
cheer reunion!!! check out my blog for details!!!
Post a Comment