Tuesday, July 1, 2008

SICKNESS!

Oh my goodness, I thought that it was summer, and that you weren't supposed to get sick!! Usually we are sick in the winter, but these past couple weeks have been the pits! McKinlee started out first with a mild fever, then Hunter, then they spread it on to me....and I was miserable! Jordan had to stay home from work and watch the kids, because I could barely function. It was no fun, I don't remember the last time I was that sick. Then a couple days later, Jordan got it. And his lasted forever! Finally I convinced him to go to the doctor because he was so miserable. And he had STREP. So they put him on antibiotics, and we thought that would do the trick, and we would all get over this stinking bug. BUT Saturday, Hunter was so sick. He is the happiest little boy, so I knew he was sick when he was so fussy. So I took him to the instacare, and he had.....an ear infection, pink eye, a viral infection in his throat, and a viral infection in his lungs. POOR BABY! I felt horrible for him. So they put him on 2 different antibiotics, and we are praying that we all get over this! I am ready to quarantine ourselves until we all get better.

BUT despite the fact that we have all been sick, we have made a lot of progress on our backyard. The grass is all laid, the curbing is done, and two sides of our fence is up. Thanks to my Dad, we have a lot of new plants (he split his perennials, and saved us a ton of money!) Jordan has worked so hard, and is an amazing husband! So here are a few updated pictures...

We have had some fun these past couple of weeks, another fishing trip, Nana, came and visited, and Brad and Jena stayed with us. I also want a new look for my blog, so hopefully soon I will get around to updating all of this!

7 comments:

Kevin Kim Cade Ellie said...

It was good to hear from you. Thanks for your comments. Your blog is adorable and your kids are so dang cute. Your yard looks great. Grass makes a big difference. We just put ours in too. Glad to see you are doing so well. Kim (Finlayson) Alexander

Bree said...

I am sorry to hear that you guys have been so sick. Axton and I got sick a few weeks back but luckily it only stayed for a few days. It looks like you guys have a nice sized lawn. I'm jealous, the lots around here are tiny if you buy a new house, so we are looking at older homes just for the property!

KEYSHA said...

Ugh! What a bummer. I thought sickness was for the winter as well....Myka had that viral sore throat thing. (Her's was called Herpengina....disgusting name I know!) Anyways, the Doc said it is very contagious in young children this time of year. Perfect.

Your yard looks awesome! I bet you love having a fenced back yard (nothing better in my opinion! Let the children roam!) That play place would have been perfect back there!!!

Hope you all get better soon and I love the new blog look. Very summery and fresh.

Amber Williams said...

Oh my word! I'm sorry about all of the sickness going around your house! I wondered why you were solo at church on Sunday! The yard looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

hey! I'm glad you found me. We are doing well. We have a home in Lehi, though we are in va for the summer with my husbands job. Your kiddies are so cute. I didn't know you had two! Where is your house at? the backyard looks great. It's funny but I was thinking about you the other day. Good to hear from you!! Hope you all get better soon.

kiki comin said...

yucky..that string of sickness sounded horrible! hope you are all better soon. by the way, i am so jealous of that HUGE backyard!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry you've been so sick. I can definitely relate--I took Garrett to the InstaCare the other day because he was sick and then turned around and took Greg in the same day! Sinus infections and bronchitis. So not fun, but doesn't sound as bad as poor little Hunter. It's the worst when the mom is sick, though. Hooray for Jordan for staying home. What a sweetheart!

Your yard looks amazing. I really want to visit you. Maybe Greg will get a day off sometime in the next century!