Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! I love this holiday, to have a chance to reflect on the freedoms that we have, and the wonderful country that we live in (hopefully that continues with a new president!). We had a great day with family and friends. In the morning we went to the Cedar City parade (by the way Cedar City has a parade for EVERYTHING, so they are all about the same). But we really had fun sitting with our friends. McKinlee brought her princess backpack, ready to fill it with candy. It was kinda funny encouraging McKinlee to be aggressive against the other kids, fighting for the candy. A little opposite from what we usually teach her! She loved the fire trucks, and seeing the horseys. We had to go a little early, hoping to get good seats, but of course people are crazy and get there way early, so we were facing the sun. But I think it was HOT no matter what way we were facing!
McKinlee and Porter both saying CHEESE!

Cute Hunter (he already needs another haircut!)
The Dodd Family
Our cute Family (can you tell that Jordan loves (hates) getting his picture taken!)
All of the kids waiting for the parade
Jordan says that he is allergic to direct sunlight (he hates the heat), so he went and sat up against the building before the parade started, where the only shade was. Of course that's were the old people sat, so he made some new friends.
I love this picture with their hands on their hearts. It's amazing what a child can teach you!
SO CUTE!
Hunter enjoying the parade!

This shows how hot it was! Look at the sweat on his hair! The stroller was soaking wet! I felt so bad for him!

After the parade, we went to our neighbors and went swimming. McKinlee absolutely loves the water and has no fear. I can't believe how much Hunter loves to swim also. After swimming we decided to host a barbecue in the partially finished backyard. It was lots of fun to have neighbors over, and let the kids play. The day ended with fireworks, and the kids being exhausted. OK so I was pretty exhausted too! (Even the day after!)

0 comments: