Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter

I love Easter time, especially when it is warm.....well that didn't happen this year! Easter was really early, and it is still too cold! Saturday morning we went to the Easter Egg Hunt here in Cedar, and it was crazy, and freezing! I couldn't believe how many people were there! It was a madhouse. And to top it off, there was a group of FIVE adults with ONE child, and they made a mad dash and each one of the adults had a bucket and filled it with eggs. One of them even filled his shirt up. It was crazy. BUT sweet little McKinlee didn't know any different, and she had a blast. Of course we didn't win any of the fun prizes, but McKinlee was happy with the candy. She was especially excited because she got a couple "princess" eggs.



McKinlee and Canyon before the madness! McKinlee was shivering.

McKinlee, Canyon, and Sahara aftwards.
After the Easter Egg Hunt we (or I should say Jordan) worked on our backyard. Then we went to dinner as a family. McKinlee and Hunter were really good. Then we colored easter eggs. McKinlee loved this, and so did Jordan. He ended up doing a lot of the work.

Jordan, McKinlee, and Hunter dyeing easter eggs

Dyeing Easter eggs

Easter outfits

McKinlee in her Easter dress

7 comments:

Jill Bowcutt said...

You look hot in that picture! I love the hat. I'm glad Cedar City has fun activities. Just tell my brother about the group of retarded adults at the egg hunt. He'll take care of it (unless he was one of them!)

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Cute! Amen on CRAZY FREEZING Easter Egg hunts! Chandler & I ventured to one @ WJ Park and it was madness! No crazy adults stealing all the fun, but it was lots of shoving and grabbing. Chandler still had fun and didn't notice that he didn't get an entire bag of eggs & candy so I guess it was good! :) ***And I just watched McKinlee's dance video & she is dang good! She was the only one that did all of the actual moves! Is she learning that from you at home??? :) You've got to be a VERY proud Mom!!

Keysha said...

What a fun Easter (and I agree about freezing!) I am not a big fan of Easter being this early.....too cold! (oh well, at least the kids don't really know any different at this age!) I agree with Jill--you look great in the hat! I am a HUGE hat fan! And that's a great one! You're kids look adorable in their little Easter get-up.

Oh, and Jill...it probably was Andy hogging all the Easter eggs!!!

Hoosier Mama said...

I 2nd jill's comment - you look awesome!

Nicole B. said...

Gotta love all that Easter fun. Thanks so much for putting up with Canyon at the easter egg hunt!!!

Mara & Austin said...

Keri, It was fun to hear from you and see all the "goings-on" of your cute family. By the way, what took you guys down to Cedar City?

Mara & Austin said...

I promise I am not stalking you, but if you have a second can you send me your email so we can check in on each others growing families every now and then. Thanks! marasorensen@yahoo.com