I don't know how many of you have seen the movie "Enchanted," but when it first came out, my mom and sister-in-laws Jena and Kelly took McKinlee to a princess party and saw the movie. And since that day she has become absolutely obsessed with the movie! So I decided 3 weeks ago to make an Enchanted Sticker Chart. I needed some way to motivate my little sweetheart, and reward her for being good. Plus she loves stickers. There were about 50 empty slots (I know that seems like a lot, but I had 3 weeks until the movie came out, so I had to take some time), and McKinlee had a list of things she needed to do to earn a sticker. I could also take away a sticker, and one day Jordan got home from work and the chart was empty. He asked what happened, and I told him it was a bad day. She had done more bad than good that day. But all in all it actually worked pretty well. She started making her bed, and most days she ate dinner better. She even has been nicer to Hunter. (Wahoo!) So on Wednesday, she put the last sticker on her chart and got the movie. She was so proud of herself for filling the entire chart. We even stayed up late that night to watch the whole movie. Jordan absolutely loves the movie (HA HA). Did I mention that she knows EVERY song from the movie. (Thanks Nana for buying the CD) She loves to get in her princess dress and sing at the top of her lungs. But now she wants to know what he next prize is.......ideas?



6 comments:
Oh my cuteness! I love it. I finally finished Parker's sticker chart. I think it's helping but there are for sure some very bad days still. Those little farts.
You and Jill with the sticker charts...I'm going to have to implement this. I usually just 'threaten', but there's no actual evidence. (The placing and removing of the stickers would be fabulous!) You good moms, you! We saw the movie "Enchanted". I think it's funny that McKinlee likes it so much! (High-five to bribery!)
Oh my goodness, you are such a cute mom. I wouldn't even know where to start with girl prizes... It will be hard to think of a prize as good as enchanted. We loved it too!
I thought Enchanted looked so cheesy but I watched it with my girls the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't help but laugh at all the over exaggerations... my girls weren't laughing (I guess they didn't see the humor) but they loved the movie. In fact my mom got it for them for Easter and they are in watching it as I type. :) I'll have to agree with the other comments and say you are an awesome mom. As for another prize.. maybe you should take her to Wal-Mart (since that's the only place to shop here in Cedar ) and let her pick? Good Luck!
Hey, will you email me your email address? I have decided to make my blog private. casiblanchard@yahoo.com
I miss cute little McKinlee! She is so funny! I absolutely LOVED Enchanted, but knew better than to try to get Greg anywhere near it. I wish sticker charts would work for 3 week olds who don't like to sleep at night! =) We miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment