Monday, February 25, 2008

Sweet Little Moment

Yesterday I had a rare moment. After church, McKinlee and I were sitting on the couch playing with her princess dolls. She started singing, and she wanted to sing every song she knew.....which is many. Of course she wanted me to sing with her. After singing about 5 songs, I noticed that I was the only one singing. I looked down at her, and she was asleep. Those of you who know my daughter, know that this is a rare occasion. This does not happen very often. But it was so cute. She looked so peaceful and INNOCENT sleeping there. It made me grateful to be a mom . I love my kids so much. So my new layout on my blog reminded me of being a mom, all of the scribbles, mess, fun times, laughter, crying, I'll take it all.....bring it on (I think).

8 comments:

Hoosier Mama said...

what a little gem! I love the new layout! It looks like the wall underneath my kitchen table!

Nicole B. said...

The new layout looks great. You are such an awesome, brave mom to be saying "bring it on". Man I wish I could do the same. Thank you so much for watching Canyon this morning, I really do appreciate your generosity!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Are you having another baby? What's all this "Bring it on" talk? Just jokin. I love this story. Those sweet little moments are seriously what keep me going. They might not happen often, but when they do they hold us over for a while.

Crystal and Jake said...

This is a sweet story. I love when kids fall asleep in your arms, you just dont want to put them down.

Bree said...

Being a mom is great. It's no great to see you having 2 and surviving it! Now that Axt is older and sleeping through the nights I can see it but the first few months. Wow! Anyways, greg got the job in Henderson so I am pretty sure that's where we are going. We are headed there in a few weeks to scope out apartments since we don't want to rush the house buying thing. Hopefully we'll talk to ya soon.

Kelly Nordfelt said...

It is in those tender moments that you realize everything is worth having a child in your life.
On a side note, the St. George temple is so beautiful! How fun that you get to go there for your temple! Enjoy that St. George weather when you can!

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Amen!!! I enjoy the moments like that because when the other Tear-Your-Hair-Out moments come, you know that they will return to their angelic state soon. :)

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Yay! I found you! I am so excited to have more blogs to read. (I know, I am a loser!!!) I love that family picture on your header! So cute!