Sunday, February 24, 2008

St. George Temple

Last Monday, Jordan and I planned on going to the Temple. We decided to wake up at about 6:30 AM and get ready. Well Hunter woke up at about 5:30 AM to eat, so we just decided to start getting ready. We figured we'd wake McKinlee up and just put her in the car in her pajamas and she'd sleep the whole way, but we were wrong. She SANG and TALKED the whole way. It was pretty dang cute, even though it was so early. Being that we live 45 minutes away from the temple, and we have 2 small ones, we decided for Jordan to do a session at the temple, and I'd watch the kids, then we'd trade. I admit that it was tough living out of the car for the day, changing clothes, feeding Hunter, being pooped on (ya Hunter is a champ) ect., but to make a long story short, it made me very grateful for the temple, and made me miss living so close to one. I know I'm only 45 minutes away, but I miss my 5 minute drive. I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple, and for the spirit that I felt as I was inside. It was so neat to let McKinlee see the importance of the temple. She actually was pretty upset because she couldn't go inside the temple and see Jesus.....but she was excited when we walked around and she got to touch the big door. It was a long day, but well worth it. When we got home, McKinlee zonked out on the couch, and Hunter was so excited to be out of his carseat. We had to video record it because it was so cute! But I am having trouble downloading it, so the video will come soon.

4 comments:

Hoosier Mama said...

It is hard to be so far away from a temple - you guys are champs for doing the swap thing though - it makes for a long day, but I agree, so worth it!

KEYSHA said...

You are huge champs for doing the Swaparoo. By the time it was my turn I probably would've said, "let go." (not really, but it would've been a long day!) It's always nice when you're done and during....it's always hard to get there! Good job.

Brady and Karen said...

Good for you guys. That's impressive!

Megan said...

You are such a good example. I'll be the first to admit that I don't get to the Temple as often as I should. And more often than not I use the "I don't know what to do with the kids" excuse. Next time I try to use that one I'll have to think twice! Thanks for the idea.