I have wanted to do this for a long time, but just haven't had the "courage" I guess you could say, but I finally ran my first HALF MARATHON! I wouldn't say that it was FUN, but it was quite an adventure and an experience! The weather in St. George was beautiful, and the course was really pretty. I ran with some great friends who were great motivators for me! My goal was to RUN the whole race, which I did, even though it was kinda slow! But it was SWEET, and I think I want to run another one! Thanks for those who came and watched me cross the finish line, and especially my sweet husband who watched me along the way. It was so fun to see them every couple of miles, and see McKinlee and Hunter cheering for me.
Almost done! (in the bottom picture, I was dying in the picture above!!)
Jill and I after the race (don't mind all of the sweat!)



13 comments:
So don't think this is weird, but your name came up the other day in conversation and I mentioned it to my wife and she said you should look it up just to check, and how about that, yours and my wife both feel it is necessary to publish everything to the world wide peoples. So this is Fowler. I'm in Salt Lake, give me a jingle some time yo. Tell Cook hi for me if you ever see him. Bye Bye!
Wasn't crossing the finish line the most amazing experience?!?! Your awesome!! Great job!!
You are amazing! I am very proud of you for achieving your goal. I wish I would've had a chance to talk to you more...but it sounds like you'll be doing more 1/2's! You looked great and it was fun to see you!
Congrats. I don't know if I will ever do a half, that's along time to run! I'm trying to convince myself to just do a 5k and then see what happens. Maybe you'll inspire me to try. Good job though.
GREAT JOB!
Nice Job Keri!!!
Maybe someday I will get that brave and decide to take on a great challenge like that and be a great example to my children like you are.
Good job... what dedication! Maybe one day I will have dedication like that. I looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. Your blog is super cute. I have been to Cedar a couple of times and I keep forgeting to call you when I come. If you are getting sick of storing the little potty you can take it over to Hill Design on Main street. My brother inlaw owns it and will bring it to us. We don't need it quite yet though Brinlee is getting close... but Im not pushing yet. So whatever you want to do.
I'm so glad I had you to run with! It made a huge difference to have some great conversation and company. Now we have to get busy training for our next adventure!
You are seriously so cool for doing that!
Man, I so wish I would have trained for it. It is such an awesome accomplishment so WAY TO GO!!!! It was good to see you last week.
Way to go, Keri! You look great in your pink running gear. It was so fun to see you guys. Thanks so much for having us over. You will always be some of our favorite friends.
I hope my princess drawings are still hanging on the fridge. :)
Nice accomplishment! Congrats!
WOOT! I sure admire you, way to go!
Post a Comment