Wednesday, May 7, 2008

About Us

1. Where did you meet? Well, we met my first year at Ricks College. I swore to myself and to others that I would not go up to Ricks College and get married (OOPS)! But thanks to our friends Chad and Keysha, they set us up on a date. Jordan thought I was way out of his league, and didn't think that I would go out with him. I was way excited to go out with him, I thought that he was cute, but didn't know him.

2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met? I thought that he was really cute, and he talked with a little "TWANG" like a hick. He was hilarious, and made me laugh quite a bit. Once Jill and I discovered that he was JORDAN from CAREY Idaho, and I'm KERI from West JORDAN, I knew it was meant to be. (HE HE)

3. Do you remember what he was wearing? I'm pretty sure that he was wearing a baseball hat and a T-shirt, probably a gray one.

4. Where was the first time you kissed this person? We had been dating for about a month, and I still hadn't kissed him. He walked me to my apartment, said good night, and snuck in a kiss. It was really cute. I was a pretty naive little girl (19), and was so giddy afterwards.

5. How did he ask you out? We actually were set up on a date, and then he called me and asked me out.

6. Where did you go for your first date? We went to Wingers for dinner and then went to the "Colors" concert at the college. He probably thought I was crazy because I yelled so loud at the concert. Funny thing is that our second date we went Wingers again. I had already eaten dinner with my roommates (we did that every night, it drove Jordan crazy!), but I really wanted to go out with him. So I just ordered a Caesar salad at Wingers, and I have never lived that one down.

7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple? Well after our first kiss, we were pretty much inseparable. But Jordan will kill me for bringing this up, but at the end of the semester he broke up with me because he says he was tired of competing with my roommates for my attention (his words), and he didn't want to do the whole long distance thing. But a few days later after I bawled to my mom, we were back together.

8. Has this person ever proposed to you? September 29, 2001 I was in West Jordan, and I thought that Jordan was in Idaho elk hunting. My grandparents worked at the Conference Center, and my mom said we needed to go up there to visit them. When we got to Temple Square, and my mom told me to look for my grandparents, and she left me. Suddenly I heard an "ELK CALL" (yes, you heard me right, an elk call) but I turned around and didn't see anyone. The elk call continued, and then I saw Jordan walking toward me luring me in with the elk call. I was quite surprised to see him. We talked about how we wanted to get married in the Salt Lake Temple, and then he got down on his knee in front of all of our spectators, and proposed to me. Of course I said YES and turned around and saw my parents taking pictures of the whole thing. So perfect.

9. Do you and this person have kids together? Yes, McKinlee-3 and Hunter-7 months. Cute kids!

10. Have you ever broken the law together? There has to be a law against driving down the freeway while making out! (Give us a break we made the trip from Idaho to Utah many times while we were dating! HE HE!)

11. When was the first time you realized you liked this person? When he made me laugh so hard on our first date, I knew I wanted to spend more time with him.

12. Do you get along with this person ex's? Well being the naive girl that I was, I didn't realize how many ex's Jordan had! Good thing I don't know any of them, and I'm the lucky one who snatched him!

13. What's the most expensive thing this person has given you? I agree with Keysha and I'd have to say KIDS. They are expensive!

14. What is the one thing this person does that gets on your nerves? Jordan loves pester me! But sometimes it gets a little old. For example one time he had an empty wrapping paper roll, and kept hitting me with it. At first it was funny, but he kept on and on, and I ended up getting made. He LOVES to joke around!

15. What is the one thing you do that gets on his nerves? Worry about inconsequential things such as how "cute" the house looks, and "will you remarry if I die" (hey a girls gotta know!)

16. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now? Jordan says Idaho, I say somewhere closer to family. So probably somewhere in the middle ( Utah or Idaho). We are happy where we are now for now.

-K- this was really fun to reminisce about the past, so I tag all those who read this and who haven't done it already!

6 comments:

KEYSHA said...

Love it! I remember the day we set you two up like it was yesterday....Remember how we kept trying to set you up with Luke and other guys...and the one you really wanted was Jordan. ahh...how sweet! You two make a perfect couple, and we miss being close to you guys for all our little 'outings.'

I am still snickering about the making-out on the way to Utah comment! (Brought back a few too many memories of Chad and I driving to Utah...You gotta do something on that long drive;)

Jill Bowcutt said...

Oh my. So many things were brought up that I either didn't know or had totally forgotten. Did Jordan really think he was competing with us for your time? We can't help how cool we were Jordan. Anyway, tell him there was never any competition. All we did when we were together was ask you about him. I'll never forget that night he broke up with you. We wanted to fight him! Good thing it only lasted a day. Such fun times.

Nicole B. said...

What a cute story!! It is fun to learn these little things about others.

Johana said...

-k- The luring Elk call made me laugh! What a fun story. I love that picture of you two!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

I am just glad that Kye and I weren't the only ones breaking the No Making out while driving rule. Makes me feel a lot better!

Natalie said...

I LOVED reading this and it made me realize how much I miss you guys! You really are some of our favorite friends ever and I miss our good times. We were laughing the other day about playing Apples to Apples and Greg and Jordan reading each others' minds. I really hope to see you soon!