So I went, I competed, and had a blast, and came home without the playground. :( But I did come home with a birthday party for McKinlee and 15 of her friends. Too bad most of her friends live in Cedar City! But it was seriously a blast! There were 20 finalists, and I came in 3rd place. The first event was an obstacle course on the blow up bouncy toys. We crawled through a hole, climbed over a wall, smooshed through a little hole, crawled through a tunnel, up a wall, and down the slide. It was a rush! I felt like a little kid on a playground. The best part was Big Budda from Fox 13 was there with the whole thing live on TV. I got pretty beat up, road rash on both of my arms.
So here is a clip of the obstacle course (Pause the music player to hear the sound).
The top 8 times advanced to the "elite 8 competition" which was a baby food eating contest. Being that I have 4 brothers, my mom thought it would be easy for me to eat fast. Well it was Sweet Potato flavored baby food, and we had to eat the whole can. I was drooling, and stuffing it in my mouth as fast as I could. Afterwards I was burping sweet potatoes (I know gross!) Here is me finishing the delicious food (it really was nasty, especially so early in the morning on an empty stomach)
So then I made it to the final 4. We had to carry a 25 pound pack up a ramp, through a tunnel, and down the slide 3 times. The first 2 girls went, and I thought I had it in the bag. I threw the pack over my shoulder, and started, got to the top, and the velcro on the pack came undone, and fell on the ground. So that totally through me off, and I stumbled the rest of the time. Sad to say that I lost by 1 SECOND! I honestly didn't know how competitive I was until I lost! It stunk! Here is my sad defeat.
Although I lost, I honestly had a blast. My arms are scraped up, by knees are bruised, and I will admit that I am sore! But it was a lot of fun. Thanks for all of you who voted, and for my fans on the day of the olympics....MOM, BRAD, JENA, JILL, MCKINLEE, and HUNTER (and Jordan watching from home).
McKinlee did get to be on a little commercial/preview for Mondays show with Big Budda. He thought she was pretty cute. Here is the clip of that, don't mind her bed head, we woke her up at 6:00 AM and came straight out of bed! My kids were troopers!
Here is my cute little reporter, she thought she was pretty big with the microphone in her hand.



9 comments:
yikes..you look like you rocked that competition, except for the bad luck on the slide at the end. too impressive!..and mckinlee is to die for with big budda!:)
My husband starting yelling at me on Friday morning that you were on tv, so we did get to see you consume the yummy puffs! Sorry you didnt get the playland.
I was at girls night last week...but we will be out of town river running this week. Maybe next week I'll see ya!
you rocked it! i loved the tummy slide on the pack! bummer that you didn't get the playground - but how fun that you got to do that!
You did awesome! What a hoot to watch! (You should've won!) McKinlee looks so cute holding the microphone..I think we have a future reporter! (Maybe she can do sports for Jordan's sake).
So Garrett has actually started this new thing called sleeping at night, so I haven't checked your blog for awhile. Imagine my surprise when I saw you competed in the Mommy Olympics and I MISSED it! I am sooooo sad. We totally would have gotten up early to watch you on TV! Congratulations on 3rd place, though. We are so proud of you! Greg is asleep, but I can't wait to show him this tomorrow!
It was so much fun to watch you on tv. Both Sahara and Canyon were so excited to see you. Sorry you didn't win, you totally (ok that sounded very 80ish) should have won it, you were the best one there!!
This is so much fun! What a great blog worth story. Sorry you didn't win, but I 'm glad you had so much fun.
I saw you on tv from home and I was rootin for ya! Darn it! I wish you would have won!
Dang girl, you are competitive! You put up a good fight. What a neat experience. Third place rocks!
Post a Comment