Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bunco Party!

I play in a BUNCO group, and this month being Halloween, we all dressed in our Halloween costumes! I am cheap as many of you know, so I had been thinking for quite a while what I could wear for the party, and not spend any money. I searched on the Internet for ideas, came up with ideas such as a buncha grapes, laundry basket, and all sorts of ideas, but with all of these ideas, I would still need to buy something. So I looked in my closet......and low and behold I found a white nightgown my mom had given me when I got married. Honestly I hadn't worn it for a while, so I called my mom to see how she would feel. Of course being the awesome mom that she is, she said she didn't care what I did with it, if I could make good use of it, go ahead. So I decided to be a dead bride. First I ran over the nightgown in my car, hoping to rough it up a little, but that didn't do a thing. Jordan said the neighbors were going to think I was crazy running over what looked like a wedding dress! HE HE So as I was at the store, Jordan roughed it up for me. So here are the results....

I thought about fixing my red eyes, but it makes it look a little more creepy!

I cut the veil out of the back of the cover of the nightgown. My hair was pitch black, and I had to wash it about 5 times to get it out! McKinlee took a LONG nap yesterday and woke up right before I left, and she was afraid of me. She asked me what I was, and I wasn't sure how to tell a 3 year old I was acting like a dead person, so she just told me I looked like the sea witch on The Little Mermaid. But she wouldn't even give me a kiss! (I wonder why)

I thought I was pretty original with my idea, but I guess Shanette and I thought the same!

Nicole the tooth fairy (everything is her daughters!)

Natalie and Stacia

Leilani, me, and Nicole

Here's the winner, Kim, the Polygamist! It was crazy how much she REALLY looked like one! Notice how she is nursing a baby, holding a baby, and pregnant! Pretty funny!

Here is the group of us. Everyone dressed up so fun, I was impressed with all of the great ideas! The party was a huge success, thanks Shanette for throwing a great BUNCO party!

9 comments:

Hoosier Mama said...

wow, your costume turned out great! And the polygamist is great! So funny! Matthias refuses to dress up. i guess I could just dress up on my own, but that's no fun. boo.

val said...

you look awesome!

Jenn Rushton said...

Lookin good Ker, I love how frugal( I'm not sure how to spell that) you are. You are always getting deals, or being creative. I need to be more like that.

Trixie said...

You look so creepy! How fun...not sure I would have recognized you either. Poor McKinley.

Lisa-Lou-Who said...

Oh man, I am seriously laughing at that post! I think I should be a polyg for Halloween too.

KEYSHA said...

Oh wow! Great costume...you are very creative. Way to make use of something you already had! What a fun group of friends--especially since everyone got in the spirit of things and dressed up.

Okay, I need a Pampered Chef Catalog. I was at Book Club the other night and the gal hosting had some great tong things and I looked on them and they were Pampered Chef! So, send me a Catalog so I can find them and some other things! Let me know if you need my address.

Trixie said...

I found that Halloween poem. If you would like a copy, give me your email address and I will send it to you.

Leilani said...

You were so freaky! I love that we freak our children out, so that we can enjoy a night of laughs! Good times. Love Bunco!

Megan said...

How fun! I LOVE Bunco! I used to play in St. George but didn't know of any group in Cedar... if you ever need a sub, I'm always willing!

Freeeeeaky costume by the way! I love it!

Megan