Sunday, December 16, 2007

"O Christmas Tree"

So this year we were a little adventurous and cut down our own Christmas tree. As we were driving, McKinlee was so excited, especially to be riding in Daddy's pickup. We looked for a while, until we saw the perfect tree. Jordan cut it down, (it was covered with snow) and we brought it home. We decorated it a little as a family, but ran out of lights. So the next day while McKinlee and Hunter were both asleep, I finished decorating the tree. It took me almost 2 hours. But I'll just say that our perfect tree isn't so perfect. As I put the last ornament on the tree, it started leaning toward me. I went to catch it, but it kept falling, and fell completely on me! It was too heavy for me to catch! I was covered in sap and my hands felt like they had needles in them. I tried to put it back upright, but I couldn't. So I called Jordan at work and I was partially crying and hysterically laughing. After Jordan knew I was alright, he laughed so hard.

He came home shortly after to help me with this mess. A lot of the ornaments broke, and McKinlee was pretty upset that it was on her doll. But I wish I would've had a camera when the tree was on top of me! So here it is all put together again.

So in the spirit of Christmas a wise man once said, "The most enduring traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kids and kin. This tree is a symbol of the spirit of the Griswold family Christmas." -Clark W. Griswold
"Little full.....looks great....lot of sap in here." -Clark W. Griswold
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

val said...

What a fiasco! Glad you didn't get smooshed too bad. I love your family photo on your header. Adorable. Happy Holidays!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Dang it! I saw the picture of the tipped over tree and thought for sure Mckinlee had something to do with it! Now I know where she gets it from. I'm glad you're okay. We've had a couple of close calls with our tree as well this year, but it's fake, so there would be no pain involved. I LOVE the picture on your Christmas cards by the way. What a cute family!

Johana said...

LOL! That is sad but funny! It looks great now!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

Ok, I love that tree! It reminds me of our days in Cedar City! I can totally relate with the sap and poking. They are viscious trees. By the way, did Karl Hugh take those family pictures?

Lenzi Woodbury said...

Oh my goodness Keri! That's hilarious! I'm glad you made it out alive 9- literally! :) What a cute tree (and family!!). Have a very Merry Christmas! Lenzi